History

Suttons Bowling Club was originally formed in 1906 as part of Suttons Seeds Recreational section at Cintra Park in Reading.

The Bowling Club joined The Berkshire County Bowling Association in 1910 and became affiliated to The English Bowling Association in 1913. A Ladies’ section was formed much later and did not affiliate to The Berkshire County Women’s Bowling Association until 1978.

The club then moved to Suttons Seeds Grounds in London Road in 1952 from Cintra Park.

Cintra Park remained their home long after Suttons Seeds moved to Devon in 1976.

The Bowling Club stayed in London Road until it was forced to move in 1989 due to regeneration of the old site, to it’s current premises in Lower Earley.

Suttons Badge

Berkshire’s Premier Bowling Venue